“Ethical Fashion is an umbrella term to describe ethical fashion design, production, retail, and purchasing. It covers a range of issues such as working conditions, exploitation, fair trade, sustainable production, the environment, and animal welfare.”
I have always done my best in maintaining a production that is sustainable and ethical.
My Hey Jude Designs ethos is to provide *Slow Fashion that is ethically produced with no animal cruelty.
Hey Jude Designs is made in a small private production in Ho Chi Minh, Vietnam. I have visited there and spent time with the staff, whilst they were working on my label. The women are locals that are supporting their own families. Hey Jude Designs sources fabric from small self managed suppliers in Vietnam.
Hey Jude Designs maintains:
- High quality of fabrics and haberdashery.
- Expert seamstresses to ensure the stitching is strong and finished well.
- Fabrics that are tested for shrinkage and colour safeness.
- Styles and designs that don’t date.
- Production staff are adults and are being paid rightly.
- Working conditions are comfortable, clean and all facilities are high standard.
- There is a manager on site to oversee staff care, production quality and design specs.
- Quality clothing that lasts, so it doesn’t become landfill next season.
- Supports local businesses as much as possible.
- Uses green powered, carbon neutral Web Hosting.
Hey Jude Designs follows ethical principles in order to create clothing you will love to proudly wear; this ensures we are all supported and you will be wearing it for years to come.
*Slow fashion, the alternative to fast fashion and part of what has been called the “slow movement”, advocates for principles similar to the principles of slow food, such as good quality, clean environment, and fairness for both consumers and producers.